Now that the moving is almost over, I can breathe a little more deeply. Oh, we still have a BUTTLOAD of stuff at old house to sort through, toss or move but we're at the end of it. I'd suggest some gas and a match just because I am so tired of moving but its not my house. Story of my life. Anyway I like the new house so much I don't mind being there all the time. In fact, I like it. I like it so much, I decided to make my inaugural Thursday Thirteen post about what I like about my new digs.

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about My New House


1.
I like the fact that the school buses come through our neighborhood.
2. I
like it that we have twice as many birds here than we did at the old place.
3. I like it that the dogs can spend all day out in the backyard and I don't have to worry they'll hop the fence and scare the bejeezus out of someone.
4. I like commuting across the backyard to work in my studio.
5. I like it that once it's free of boxes and such, the cats can go out on the room-sized screened in porch to sun themselves and watch the squirrels and birds.
6. I like having a large sunny kitchen that holds more than one person.
7. I like the feeling that I live in a house I can keep up with now.
8. I like that the washer and dryer are side by side instead of in different rooms.
9. I like the wooden swing that sits in the backyard.
10. I like the big magnolia tree in our front yard.
11. I like our friendly mail carrier.
12. I like the way the pine trees in our backyard talk when the wind blows.
13. I like liking where I live.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!